Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2015 c300 4matic displays "device unavailable" on the

2015 c300 4matic displays...

2015 c300 4matic displays "device unavailable" on the screen. Has radio sound and touchpad works

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Came with car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C300 4matic yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything yet. Took it in for a recall a couple of weeks ago for a starter limiting issue. Nice GLS 450 as a loaner but don't really want to go back yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Answered in 5 days by:
3/23/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

there is currently issues with the audio software that engineering is working on updating,

we dont have a release date but here is a warning we have in our system'

"

To avoid corrupting the radio, do not perform SW updates via Xentry on 205 Audio 20 HU. The only known fix is a HU replacement. To mitigate Audio 20 HUs requests, do not update the Audio 20 on 205 vehicles until further notice.
The head unit may lock up with the message, device unavailable, on some MY15 C-Class 205 vehicles with Audio 20. If the vehicle has Satellite Radio, bypass Sat. Radio from MOST ring, and re-test for correct functionality. This issue is under investigation and parts replacement does not resolve. Note: This condition occurs even without (and independent of) head unit software update. "

so for the time being we dont do anything with these until the new software update will be issued .

hope this helps.

Lou

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back. If you feel I have earned one, BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED, Thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician