Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I closed the trunk using the electronic lock key. And now…

Customer Question
I closed the trunk...

I closed the trunk using the electronic lock key

Mechanic's Assistant: What exactly is happening to the trunk?

And now it's not opening or closing properly

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

Basically it's stuck

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mercedes?

2009 ML 350 amg

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just locking and unlocking from.the inside button

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

But it's not working

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
When shall I expect an answer?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

My phone number is ******************

Answered in 2 days by:
3/20/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
Can you describe the issue a little clearer? Are you saying the tailgate will not open and its locked shut? I can definitely help with that but I will need some more info.
the tailgate is stuck and cannot be open neither using the open button from inside the car ( under the drivers window) nor the key or outside tailgate handle. Looks like the electronic lock is stuck.

ok thanks for the reply, sorry for my delay I was commuting.

lets manually open the tailgate and then see if we can test or check the latch.

to open the tailgate you need to climb on the inside and get to the tailgate, look at the bottom center and there will be a plastic piece that can be removed to access a manual release.

once we get it open we can make sure nothing got stuck in there and see how it functions and if it functions.

Lou