Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Did ou ever get the customers 2000 S500 no windows and now…

Customer Question
Did ou ever get the...
Did ou ever get the customers 2000 S500 no windows and now power seats or mirrors or heated seats issue resolved? No buttons on doors work
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
I would check the fuses to make sure none are blown, including the rear fuse box, but basically all that stuff is controlled by the convenience module. If you don't find any blown fuses in the convenience module is faulty, the convenience module is located in the right front e-box under the hood.I would go to www.car-part.com and purchase a used comfort module. After replacing it you might need to have a shop recode the Comfort module for the vehicle depending on whether or not the vehicle you got your fuse module from had the same equipment or not, basically you'll know that by if everything works or not when you replace the module.If I have answered your question to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept as that is the only way to say compensates me for my time.Feel free to ask any further questions, you can ask follow-up questions even after hitting accept.
I hear the car has 3 modules
R front, L front and under rear seat.
A relay or 2 gets pretty warm on the one
Under the rear seat. Wasn't sure which module to change as fuses were all fine. It seemed by looking at fuse chart most fuses to the tbings not working were at the rear fuse box so I assumed he coukd be the bad guy though some to R and L door go to R and L front fuse box too.What role do each play that I can be sure I have the right one
Can you confirm?
I also put key in driver door and got driver window up and down. In front right fuse box, I unhook and found one small little 2 wire plug not going to anything.
Hello are you still there?
I was asked.tp.rate your service but still awaiting clarity to my continued question
Hello
Hello front SAM didn’t work
My account is closed and I never got my answer
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, Lou here, I can be of help.

are you willing to give me a shot?

i have been with mercedes for 20 years and have been online for about 10.

I have worked with many customers on this issue.

it can have all sorts of different outcomes.

let me know if you would like me to help.

Lou

ok, so 2 things i will need to know,

1. do you have a mercedes style scan tool
  2. does the car start and run/shift out of park/and by pressing every button in the car what does and does not work.
No scan tool. Car runs and shifts fine
No buttons on any door work. Mirroe, seats, windows, heated seats. Buttons do not illuminate. Airmatic is also showing fault. Not sure if related. Just got cat and back seat removed. Rear under seat same has a relay that gets warm

ok thanks, ***** ***** that rear fuse box is a control module attached to it.

usually we get water that corrodes that module.

since you are close to it can you check that?

i will send over pictures of it.

called a rear sam

you dont have to do what the instructions are telling you it is merely for identification and showing you its location

It actually looked clean with no signs of water corrosion. I wondered if it was changed before since seat was removed

gotcha.

ok, so when this type of thing happens its because of a communication issue inside the car.

this can be tricky to locate.

but can be done.

did this happen after a car wash or rain?

Just purchases and rear windows are stuck down so I don't doubt rain now
Last tech was saying same in front right.
Others are saying rear. Wanted clarity before ordering.

dont order anything yet, there is not one single control module that controls the interior functions.

its a collaboration of modules.

this will take a little elbow work to figure out.

do you have a test light and meter and know how to use both?

also i want you to try a test,.

point the tip of your key at the rear of the front door handle, press and hold lock for 5 or more seconds and the windows and sunroof should close, if you hold unlock they should open, lets try that.

I'll try this again but believe it didn't work.
But key in driver door and driver window goes down and up. I have a meter and can gwt test light later if needed

ok, then can i have your vin as well please

WDBNG75J4YA106449

thanks, ***** ***** diagrams.

so you can work the window from the door?

can you try with the key fob on both front doors?

i am thinking the issue is with the drivers front door module.

we would need to check the power and ground at the module and data wires to determine if it can be the issue.

power for the module comes from the fuse 13 in the left engine bay,

if you confirm that the fuse is ok and has power then we need to access the drivers door module and check the wires for power and ground and then signal.

Ok fuse was good. But I will check power when I get home

ok, fuse should be hot all the time, but its a start.

if the drivers door module fails it can kill the data lines to the other door modules.

since the front drivers has the child lock it can cause an issue.

Tried remote hold to each door and only unlocks doors and flashers are blinking inside as I hold unlock close to driver door.
When on passage her it just unlocks or locks
Fuse 13 good.
Power to both door controls on red and brown wire feeding power close to 11V
No voltage on the red and black wires on the white connectors
Ribbon cable connector inside door module did show signs of water in pins.
Switched with passenger door control module and still nothing.
Then just passengers board from inside module to in drivers module still nothing

sorry for my delay, i will not be available this morning for a few hours, but i will be on later today.

is there any way you would purchase a scan tool? that would help greatly since power seems to be in order.

you can get one very inexpensive on ebay or amazon

icarsoft mercedes

check that out.

Lou

When you say scan tool do you mean the scanner
To read engine light codes? I have that

the scanner i am talking about will be able to read all 40 control modules that your car has.

the scanners that read the engine codes only read the engine.

they are useless with mercedes.

Icarsoft Mercedes is the name of the scanner? Does that only work on Mercedes?

it does only work on mercedes, but if you go to the icarsoft website they do make one that does all cars.