Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Window does not go up or down. 1989 420 sel. Removed the…

Window does not go...

Window does not go up or down

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

1989 420 sel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes removed the plastic around the controls and latch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Pulledupon the panel and it disengagedon the front edge but the rear edge won't come loose

3/17/2018
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mercedes Mechanic

You did not post which door:

The Door Panel needs to be "lifted off"...NOT pulled out
Here is procedures for the Door Panel
Click Attachment Below
.
Once Door Panel is removed, you need to test the "2 wires" at the Window Motor for Reversal Voltage + & Ground -
Also, inspect window Regulator for binding & any loose parts
.
IF you need further, let me know

.

.
If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolved..
.

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mercedes Mechanic