Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Esp light is on. I havent driven the vehicle since November…

Customer Question
Esp light is on...

Esp light is on. I havent driven the vehicle since November 2017. I store in in a garage during the winter. At last driving, the light was not on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the light been on for some time?

I started the vehicle in January. Light was not on. I started it again in February. The light came on while idling for 5 minutes.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 Mercedes?

It is a 2006 CLK 350 convertible

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is still sitting in the garage I ams toring it at

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that is the basic problem. Car sitting in garage since 11/2017. Started it 1/2018, no light on. Started it 2/2018, light is on. Started it last week, light is still on. CAR HAS NOT been driven or moved since being parked for winter

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mercedes
3/16/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

the car system if seen low voltage ,it will trigger esp , try this ,start it ,sitting still, turn wheel extreme right then extreme left and then back to middle and then take it for drive ,the light should go out ,check battery is holding 12 volts and not drain and alternator charging 14 volts when running

The esp ,system common faults will be abs wheel sensor, yaw sensor or esp module

if none of that worked You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).

You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat