Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 99 Mercedes c230 that just died while driving it…

Customer Question
I have a 99 Mercedes...
I have a 99 Mercedes c230 that just died while driving it still cranked had plenty of power to turn over it wouldn't fire ,after I got it home I notice coolant had leaked out near the rear of the engine , I changed the cam sensor and some plug wires but no luck so far
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/14/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
I would check fuel pressure, especially if the fuel tank was fairly low at the time that it died. Generally when a German car dies while driving it's the fuel pump, it could also be the crankshaft position sensor but if it's that there should be a fault in memory.I would get an OBD2 scan tool and scan the vehicle regardless to see if you have any faults.If I've answered your question to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept is that is the only way to say, dates me for my time.If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask you will still be able to ask follow-up questions even after hitting accept.