Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am attempting to remove the injector sleeves from a 1979…

Customer Question
I am attempting to...

I am attempting to remove the injector sleeves from a 1979 450SL

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '79 Mercedes?

450sl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried a silicon spray and a pair of pliers to pull up the sleeves one came out and the others are real stubborn they turn but will not pull out

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes I want to know if I need a special puller ?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/14/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 5 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** is no special puller for the sleeves. It's not unusual for them to get stuck in the manifold. Try using an open end wrench that fits snug under the flange of the injector holder and see if you can pry them out. You may need to devise a pry bar under the wrench to lift them out.

Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 4 months ago
Hi, just checking in. Did you get this done?