Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

You were a great help for me last week in my decision to get…

Hi,You were a great help...
Hi,You were a great help for me last week in my decision to get new rims.Now I’m trying to sell my old wheels and rims that I replaced.Turns out those old ones are Ronals madein Mexico and the wheels are Bridgestones in good shape.I received a Craig’s List inquiry asking if they would fit on a 2002 Mercedes ML, and if I’d be flexible on the $600 price.Do you have a way to tell if they’d fit? And any thoughts on the price please?
3/14/2018
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** rims will swap over just fine. At $600 for rims and tires, the buyer is getting a good deal. If you just want them gone you could lower your price but $600 is very fair.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Hi, another question for you please:When I bought my Pre-Owned Certified Mercedes from the location adjacent to the new vehicle dealership - I paid a hefty price and it came w a one year warranty and I bought an additional add on of two more years of warranty protection. It is a 2013 w 65,000 Miles. I figured Mercedes is a good vehicle and that w the warranties I was secure.After I bought the vehicle, I found a plug in one of the wheels and found that the rims were not Mercedes-made but were Ronals.I bought new rims and wheels from a company in California and paid for them to install tire pressure monitors. $2,500 for all.They shipped them as a complete package and I had a local (Virginia) tire company install them. They said they reset the monitors.All was fine until four days later (after a car wash) and for now a week since - the “Tire Pressure Monitor Inoperative” message has appeared.The rims I had installed were 21 x 9.I put the car in the Mercedes shop today to get the message corrected and am uncertain of the outcomes - especially in regards ***** ***** they will say it is not covered by the warranty.I acknowledge I moved up a size in rims to 21 x 9 and that these are not Mercedes rims. But are they compatible with this vehicle? (The new tires are Michelin 265/40/21).The Certified center didn’t disclose to me at purchase that the rims that were on there were not Mercedes rims, or that there was a plug in one tire. It is possible they did not know.I now have a slight additional concern whether there might be any other non-Mercedes after market parts that may be on the car and in place before I bought it.What are the likely outcomes of the dealership’s pricing for the tire monitor fix? Do I have a case to push that it should be their expense?And, is there anything
I should ask the Service technician to review to be certain there are no non Mercedes parts in place which I am unaware of and that will present a problem w my trying to exercise the warranty in the future.The vehicle has 67,000 miles and the dealership performed the 70,000 mile service before they offered it for sale. I paid $23,000 and probably didn’t get a bargain, but I would like to know it is in good condition.Are there any questions or type of assessments I should ask the service technician to make? I feel somewhat thrown by the after market rims that were on there, but I don’t feel totally deceived, only partly - and I accept the blame.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Correction, it is a 2013, not a 2013. Sorry.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
It is an ML350
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
A 2012!
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
the new rims are 20 and 9.5.
Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician