Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I was rearended by two cars and bumper fine but my head

Customer Question
I was rearended by...

I was rearended by two cars and bumper fine but my head restraints on both sides deployed and my seat moved forward about 6 inches is this to be expected and does any thing here indicate a more serious problem

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

Marcia c250 2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not going near it...taking it to mercedes or mychanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Are both supposed to deploy and is the seat sliding forward an indication that anything else needs to be done.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/13/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: eautosales, ASE MECHANIC replied 4 months ago
eautosales
eautosales, ASE MECHANIC

Any pics of the damage?

Is the body damage bad?

John as I stated above the bumper is fine thanks. My concern is that both headrests deployed and my seat sliding forward concerns me there may be damage under the hood. Driving the sameNo bumper damage as i stated above. Concerned both head restes deployed and no one in passenger seat also seat moved about 6 inches forward...Does this suggest problem under the hood.... the seat responded to adjusting after accident thxno body damage as above my concern is 1. should passenger headrest have gone off with no passenger and 2. when my seat moved about 6 inches forward does this suggest any engine problems. the seat is fine now and car drives ok
you are not reading my initial problems and not responding to my 2 questions.