Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I also have a 1999 slk230 kompressor i recently installed a…

Customer Question
I also have a 1999...
I also have a 1999 slk230 kompressor i recently installed a new alternator, crank the car up drove it came back home turned it off turned the key back on and it just continues to crank over and i dont even have a hold of the key, but the car did not start, just continued to crank
Any thoughts
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mercedes
3/13/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 1 month ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** are a couple of common problems that cause a crank/no start on the SLK. The first is a faulty crankshaft position sensor. The sensors tend to fail when hot. If the car starts when it cools down I'd suspect a bad crank sensor. The other possibility is a bad K40 relay module. The relay provides power to the control units. If the relay malfunctions, it can also cause a crank/no start condition.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi, just checking in. Do you have any questions?

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician