Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 cls550.i have a new compressor replaced the…

I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 cls550.i have a new compressor replaced the relay and checked the fuse. the compressor runs for 30 sec then it shuts off. i keep getting a malfunction on my dash.why isn't it airing up?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

I was away for work when i got back it lost air now its to low to drive 130,000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CLS550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I do it my self.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Could it be the valve block

3/12/2018
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

The compressor will turn off when there is a leak detected or a fault with one of the suspension components.

I would say most common I have seen is a leaking shock needing replaced.I have used a bottle of soapy water to spray the shock area on each shock to look for any air bubbles forming or any air bubbles moving around rapidly indicating a leak with a shock needing replaced.

The other issue I have seen in some cases is a valve block failing.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked.This has to be done with either a fully compatible scan tool that can plug into your model and can read all computers in your vehicle especially the Airmatic suspension computer or using a dealers sds machine to read all computers in your model vehicle.Once this is done the code set will then help to diagnose and locate the component at fault needing replaced.Leaking shocks is the most common cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic