Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

My 2003 E320 battery dies overnight. I have just replaced

Customer Question

My 2003 E320 battery dies overnight. I have just replaced both batteries but it still dies. Someone told me it might be the battery control module, what are the signs that this is the problem
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Yes and it is not leaking.
JA: Are you fixing your E320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just put in new batteries.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

Can you run this test below

https://www.wikihow.com/Find-a-Parasitic-Battery-Drain

or

and You will need a Capable Mercedes Star Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in All Modules needed and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you get the Faults Read ,post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it & we be Accurate

and correct the Battery control module is a common issue and not the only issue , so with out testing we end up throwing parts at it

BUT CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW PDF FILE SHOWING YOU THE BATTERY CONTROL MODULE LOCATION, CHECK ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR ON IT AND WIRES, CHECK FOR ANY BACKED OUT PINS MAKING POOR CONNECTION, BUY SOME CRC ELECTRICAL CONTACT CLEANER ,SPRAY CONNECTION AND RETEST

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician