Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1967 Mercedes 250 SE turns over but will not start no spark…

1967 Mercedes 250 SE...

1967 Mercedes 250 SE turns over but will not start no spark at points

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

They are good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '67 Mercedes?

250 Se

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced ballast resistor replaced points, and coil,

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/12/2018
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** you post a picture of the coil and its wiring to the distributor? I need to see which ignition system you have on the Mercedes.

The car was running and I changed the points and it would not start it turns over but no start thought maybe ignition switch?

I think you may have grounded out the ignition points. Recheck the bolt through the distributor housing and make sure that it is insulated from the housing. You should have 12V on that bolt with the points open.

Let me know what you find.

That was it grounded wire
Thank you I should pay attention.no rushing. Thank you

You're quite welcome. Glad you got it going :-)

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician