Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a MB 1991 model 560SEL... it has R134a on the ac

Hello I have a...

Hello I have a MB 1991 model 560SEL... it has R134a on the ac system... which is the recommended low and high preasure for it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 560SEL yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just need to know... low and high preasure for it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that be all

3/12/2018
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** will vary with ambient temperature but you will usually see about 35-45 psi on the low side and 225-275 psi on the high side.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Thanks.... How do I know if the ac system has the right amount of r134, in my car the manufacturer state the it need 2.2 pound of r12 = 1.76 of r134.... please advise

The only way to know is to have the system completely evacuated and recharged by weight. Pressure readings are not an accurate way of assessing the system charge. It's a good gauge of whether or not it should be blowing cold but it's not a good gauge of the charge level. Evacuating the recharging the system with a charging station is the correct way to do this.