Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No audio .. radio comes on but there’s no sound. With the…

Customer Question
No audio .. radio...

No audio .. radio comes on but there’s no sound

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

With the car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2012 c300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just happened today haven’t tried anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/12/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 5 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

there is nothing that can be done for this issue without a mercedes scanner and an updated audio disc, here at the dealer we use the scanner and the disc to update the software and it usually fixes 99% of the issues, the other 1% can be any part of the audio system,

but we still need a mercedes scanner to get the codes to tell where to start with the diagnosis.

i have been working on these for 18+ years, its usually a software issue.

hope this helps.

Lou

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back. If you feel I have earned one, BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED, Thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Thank you Lou
Wish there were an easier way, i will gladly do what I can to help so just let me know . Please take a second and rate me 5 stars in the top right corner of the chat if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Thanks for choosing just answer! Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !