Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Follow up of repair of the Mercedes 2006 E350 fuel pump saga…

Follow up of repair of...
Follow up of repair of the Mercedes 2006 E350 fuel pump saga of Customer. Well Lou, it turns out that you were right about it being fuel pump failure. The problem i had was the fact that it was a 2006 california pzev car. All the time i thought i was buying a fuel pump for the left side, (about 6 different ones that didn't work i thought) it turns out that they were only a fuel filter, not a pump. Everybody advertise it as a fuel pump. Anyway, because it is a 2006 limited production pzev fuel tank, the pump is on the right side where the tank is sealed. No access, no hole, and no pump available to buy. I had to buy a new tank for a cool tune of $2200 and labor of $1100. So i had 132,000 miles on the car and i'm good for another 132,000 miles before another replacement LOL. I'm rolling now and i look good cruising down the blvd! Thanks for all your help.
3/11/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
My man that is insane. We even talked about that when i was looking over your fuel pump “” photos!! Holy cow. Thanks for letting me know ! That explains all the bad juju we had lol!
All i can say is wow. Lou
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
wow is right! But after 6 months of paying insurance on a car sitting in the garage, sleepless nights, replacing parts and hours and hours and hours of working on the car. ITS OVER!!!

lol, yes, its over.

wow man.

sorry this happened!

you have the only pzev car ive ever met !!!

Me too. That's exactly what the repair dude said when he tried to get a fuel pump from the dealer for the pzev tank . Can you imagine all the returns and postage i had to do on those fuel filters. Anyway, I'll hit you up if i have other problems my man. Thank you,
Patrick

take care man , glad its done finally.