Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Where do i connect the wires for the trailer on my 2007

Where do i connect...

Where do i connect the wires for the trailer on my 2007 S211/W211 T

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Mercedes. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

The wires comes with the contacts prepared

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Also there might be a phone call offer that will come across, that is automated fyi. If you give me your vin and maybe the trailer kit info i can get you what you need . Lou
The car is a E 280 T CDI, 190 Hk, [S211], Modellår: 2007 the towing hitch comes with the wires from the HAK-System. 7 pin contakt is prepared with a CAN-Data boks, two fuses that fits into the F33 fuse box (but i do not know where to put them) and smaler contact with a red, white and blue wire that also goes in the F33 box (if it should).
Ok do you have any photos you can show me? Based on that im assuming its not oem so the more i can see the system the better i can advise
forget the phone call
Ok, thanks , i am aware of the cars boxes :) it was just the stuff you need to hook into. Ok give me a little time i will respond back in a bit with some info
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Phone call session started

ok, here we go, i got the info

so the fuses go into the top of the fuse box, not the F33, but the sam.

here is the directions, the fuses go in the top of the sam and the purple connection goes to the back of the sam and the eyelet goes to ground.

here they are, take a look over them and let me know.

it may not be precise to what you are having but that is because i assume the stufff you have is not mercedes parts.

let me know if this helps.

Lou