Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My airmatic low light comes on and tells me to stop the car,

Customer Question
My airmatic low light...

My airmatic low light comes on and tells me to stop the car, but then when I start driving, it goes off. What is it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The malfunction warnings

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2001 s500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing because I don't know what that means

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I do not have an Ipad so therefore cannot download your app. Do you think I should see if the transmission fluid is low?
3/11/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 3 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master VW Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.
  1. When you got to the vehicle was the suspension down either corner of the vehicle?
  2. I do need the vin # to get the factory information to assist.

Thanks

No, it was all good. But now it seems a little low on the passenger side.

front or rear ?

I just wanted to know if I should have transmission fluid checked. Front

the transmission does not have any relation to the airmatic (suspension)

you have a suspension leak most likely the strut itself needs to be changed!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating my answer does not cost you extra. Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks and my pleasure!

Wolfgang