Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When I 1st buy this car it was showing the abs and esp on…

Customer Question
When I 1st buy this...
When I 1st buy this car it was showing the abs and esp on the board and I wanted it to be removed, I took it to a diagnostic machine to clean the fault and after cleaning the fault stayed, so the computer showed speed sensor as a fault, then I ordered the sensor cables. When we changed them the car refused to change gears and remained on gear on and that when I started straggling looking for new cables etc ... and we tried several new cables even from bosh Germany and I changed the gear box oil and the filter. Still it's refusing to change, now the last Mecanician told me that it's may be the Sbc so am confused now
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/11/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 4 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** your speedometer is working, the wheel speed sensors will not be the problem with the transmission. The transmission problem will most likely be caused by faulty speed sensors inside the transmission. You will need to get the fault codes from the transmission control unit using a factory level scan tool. More than likely there will be fault codes stored in the transmission control unit that indicate faulty transmission speed sensors.

I will try this tomorrow but we don’t have good mechanical in my country, all of them they just think it this or that.
Am not sure if the speed sensor is working or not because it showing to all diagnostics that it is a speed sensor fault
What they are saying about the Sbc is it true that can cause that problem

Do you have any fault codes that you can post? The SBC will not cause the problem.

I will post them tomorrow once am at the garage

Ok, I will also want to know which module you extracted the codes from.

I love this car and like I said before, all started when we changed the speed sensor cable because it was showing the ESP and Abs malfunction.But the car was working perfectly

Ok, get me the codes and I will advise you.

How can I send you the code
Write them down for you or screen shoot them, any diagnostic machine can get that?

A screen shot is best. You need a Mercedes scan tool that is able to read fault codes in all of the modules. I need the codes from the traction control, SBC, engine and transmission modules.

Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 3 months ago

Hi, just checking in. Did you ever get this sorted out?