Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Right Front Turn SIgnal does not flash, getting fast

Customer Question
Right Front Turn SIgnal...

Right Front Turn SIgnal does not flash, getting fast blinking rear turn signal, bulb okay

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Yes, looks good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

1988 560sl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 560SL yourself? What have you tried so far?

Cleaned contacts and replaced bulb on right front, checked fuses, left works fine, rear right side works fine, have fast blinking and no blinking at all on right side front

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
I am thinking that it has to be the flasher switch but it does not make sense that right side, front and back, work fine, left back works fine but blinks fast, left side front does not blink at all. Moved bulb to right side as trouble shoot and left side front worked fine
3/11/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 3 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master Benz Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.
  1. Do you have the correct wattage bulb? correct bulbs.
  2. did you inspect ALL sockets for corrosion ?
  3. want to make sure if you swap left to right does it flash still fast or no flash knowing that the left light is good?

Thanks

I switched from left bulb to right and all turn signals worked the same, left front still no blinking, left year blinking fast, right side works fine, scuffed up contacts on left signal and pulled striker plates forward a little, no change
For the cost to get an answer, I think I will call German Auto where I have had work done before and ask them some questions and probably take it in

how about the whole assy? did you swap. easy way to see if it is the whole light assy that is at fault.

note you said

Right Front Turn Signal does not flash, getting fast blinking rear turn signal,

then you said

I switched from left bulb to right and all turn signals worked the same, left front still no blinking, left year blinking fast

so its the left side you have an issue correct?

left side only. Rear blinks fast front no blink but the bulb works for park lights so I wonder if a flasher switch would work to activate three other bulbs and get nothing from the right front. Makes me think it is assembly. Then I will leave to a professional at German Auto

no the flasher would do all bulbs at the same time so it would not be a flasher.