Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2002 c230 want to upgrade audio found a great deal on…

Customer Question
I have 2002 c230 want...
I have 2002 c230 want to upgrade audio found a great deal on audio system model mcs bb0630 will it fit
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 4 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
Do you have a link to the site you are looking at?
Oh ok so this is the mercedes radio. Yes you cannot just add a new radio. The only way you can is to get an aftermarket radio on ebay. Our systems cannot just be converted. There is way too much involved with no promises it will even function when done
It came out of a mercedes 2006 suv
Right , these systems are not interchangeable, even if it came out of a higher optioned c class of the same year
On fact the 2006.7.8 command head units in the suv’s could not even be interchangeable, they are that specific
Ok thank u
you CAN change the head unit but find a aftermarket one on ebay, you CANNOT change the unit with another mercedes one :(
Hope this information helps , if you find one by all means show me and i will let you know if it will work. It will have to be for a W203 c class, Hope this information helps , Please take a second and rate me 5 stars in the top right corner of the chat if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Thanks for choosing just answer! Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !