Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Fuse 52 keeps blowing I put a 20 amp in and the same

Customer Question
Fuse 52 keeps blowing...

Fuse 52 keeps blowing I put a 20 amp in and the same results. I checked the battery cable it looks fine on top so I looked below for the wording but is hard to see so I tried a jump start that didn't work... what is next???

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?

No that battery is 5 months old but I did notice a slow start the last couple of times I started it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '52 Mercedes?

2001 c240

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C240 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Upping the 15 fuse to a 20. Checked the battery cable. And I tried to jump start the car...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This happened before and I tracked down fuse 52 and it started this time it did not.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/10/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 5 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
Please put the proper amperage fuse in or else you can cause a fire, we did have a bulletin once to add a bigger amperage fuse i will have to check to see if this is that fuse. So is the fuse currently blown or still blowing ?
Ok yes this is for the starter solenoid and should have been upfitted with a 20 amp. So if the fuse keeps blowing and or the starter does not function then the starter needs replaced. Hope this information helps , Please take a second and rate me 5 stars in the top right corner of the chat if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Thanks for choosing just answer! Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !

have you bench tested and or replaced the starter?