Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

S500 02 repl 3 vac pumps for locking-why is this so

Customer Question
S500 02 repl 3...

S500 02 repl 3 vac pumps for locking-why is this so recurrent

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids recently?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

The aut shops ispent10000 in total? Could it be lines that begin in the engine?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How many oil to check?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/10/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to answer this for you.

If you have had to replace the pump 3 times so far then it sounds like they are not actually repairing the original fault that is leading to the pump failure. I would suggest having the lines and manifold tested for leakage. If there are any leaks in the system it will cause the pump to be overworked, which then leads to premature failure

Hello, any luck with this?