Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Connection to the passenger airbag has come loose, how do I…

Connection to the passenger...

Connection to the passenger airbag has come loose, how do I reconnect?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

1998 ML320

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML320 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Glove box removed, used a mirror to try to reconnect to no avail

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nl ok

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

how do you know the connection has come loose?

the dash board has to come out to access the airbag although you should be able to see the connection on the left side of airbag with glove box removed.

OK, I have a diagram but cannot see where the connector wire should be re inserted. the SRS light is on in the dash.

ok, the connection pops in the center of the left side of airbag, here is a overview

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
No good
Im sorry, what is no good?
Cannot see where to connect
Think dash has to come out
Even with a mirror
The dash does have to come out, i was thinking there was a way to see the connection. If memory serves a brace might be in the way. Did you need the rest of the instructions?
Ok i will get them uploaded tonight