Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I was driving a drover for about 10 hours I boarded in Texas…

I was driving a...

I was driving a drover for about 10 hours I boarded in Texas I made it to Mississippi went to the hotel room to sleep had to drive back to Maryland woke up the next morning Google get in a car pitted in reverse carden move just wrapped up so a pity back and drive I put it in reverse put it back and drive put it in various put a back drop it into reverse eventually went into reverse I backed out drove around in a circle car turned off I turn to back on drove around again it accelerated for a little bit and then loss all the Acceleration

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

2007 s550 No I had told to Mercedes in a tow me was even a conductor plate or the transmission but I drove the car on the highway for 10 hours and at least a 100 miles an hour There was no slip in a drove perfect from Texas to Mississippi at a 100 miles an hour for 10 hours then stop working so I had a told to Mercedes in they told me was I with the conductor plate or the conductor plate vile body or the transmission how common is it for transmission to just fail completely After driving perfect

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing does been doing a lot of research the car is in Alabama and I'm in Maryland some get to transported backup here but I was just wondering if you had any suggestions through research they said it could be a lot of problems the dealership also said the battery in the trunk the one that runs communications was that 2% I asked them would that make the transmission do what I do they told me no but they also told me that the battery in the trunk runs communications in the battery under the hood starts the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car will start up and go into reverse and go into drive drive for few minutes but soon as you let the tension off of the paddle it is slip out of gear and then I won't drive no more and tell you turn it off in started up about 3 or 4 timrs get it to come back

3/10/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
This does sound very much like a trans module/conductor plate issue, and when these things fail it does happen out of nowhere. Sorry this is happening under these circumstances but you need to have it taken to a dealer asap or else you might be stuck. The dealer is the only one that can relace these because they have to so with the anti theft immobilizer system. If there were an easiet or quicker way or solution i would definitely tell you. But this does sound exactly like a conductor plate/module issue . The module is part of the conductor plate on your model that is why i keep stating it like that . Hope this information helps Please take a second and rate me 5 stars in the top right corner of the chat if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Thanks for choosing just answer! Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !
let me know if you need anything else from me but please get to a dealer asap
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you tell me the conductors plate function and however relates to the issues that I'm having with the transmission not accelerating as I really don't know how it works I just wanna be more familiar with it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can you tell me if the battery in the trunk to anything to do with fiber transmission is I come to the only got 2% on it
The plate has all the electrical paths for the shift solenoids and pressure solenoids and speed sensors that tell if the trans is functioning correctly, and its very possible that the battery can cause this but you should have had a battery warning on the dash.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I didn't have Warning light Is that common Or is it supposed to always be a warning for the battery in the trunk Or is it supposed to show worn in life are both batteries
How do you know the battery is 2%?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I bought the car in Texas I drove the car 10 hours to ***** hotel woke up that's when the car star given me problems had the car towed to Birmingham Mercedes in Alabama They hooked it up to their machines drove the car around and told me when a want to pull it in the garage is slip that year they had to push it into the raj he asked me hide it a drive before the problem start happening was there any issues with the transmission I told him no way drove perfect he said from The cods it has They think it's the conductor plate or the transmission then he told me he wouldn't be able to tell until he dropped the pain to see what's going on with the transmission but I live In Maryland so I just told him don't worry about that He also told me that the battery in the trunk as used to run all communications only has 2% that's how I know
Ok, i dont even know what he would mean by 2% . So at this point without codes the best i can say is the plate is the issue . Need to get codes checked with a mercedes scan tool.
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician