Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I’ve got a Mercedes Vario 814 diesel 1998, the EDC light…

Customer Question
Hi I’ve got a Mercedes...
Hi I’ve got a Mercedes Vario 814 diesel 1998 , the EDC light comes on intermittently however the alarm is always sounding when the handbrake comes off !!!
Has anybody got any suggestions or ideas thanks
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/10/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 4 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi Gary .

When the EDC (Electronic diesel system) comes on then the management system will have a stored code or codes .

you will need to get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction codes .

You could have a electrical issue that could be in with the hand brake and warning alarm going off but the diagnostic scan will confirm this for you.

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg