Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

There's a chirping sound coming from my car. It sounds like…

Customer Question
There's a chirping sound...

There's a chirping sound coming from my car. It sounds like it's coming from the wheels. Do you know what might be causing this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

It's in an ok condition. It's an '04 mercedes ml350. It has 260,000 miles on it. It's been running ok until now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I took it to a mechanic. They said it needed rods and bushings. So I don't know. I needed to get this confirmed.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mercedes
3/10/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Does the 'chirping' occur when you hit bumps that are in the road? Does this noise sound all of the time?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, it only sounds when the car is rolling.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, thank you. I just want to find out what the problem is so I can take it to a mechanic and have them fix it. I won't be working on the car myself.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello! Are you there? I prefer not to talk on the phone and incur the expenses. Thank you.
Mercedes Mechanic: Dave Hopkins, Technician replied 1 month ago
Dave Hopkins
Dave Hopkins, Technician
Hello and welcome to JA...does the noise go away when you press on the brakes?
MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician