Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Tele aid is muting the stereo. Factory. 05 ml350 special…

Tele aid is muting...

Tele aid is muting the stereo

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Factory

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

05 ml350 special edition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Special yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. sometimes the stereo will work. then it will mute. says on the screen tele aid muted

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a way to disable the tele aid without affecting other components?

3/9/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

pull fuse 8 and 10 in the engine bay fuse box see if that helps or makes other items stop working.

if it does not help you can unplug the unit,.

its located under the seat on the passenger side i believe if memory serves me.

we used to have to unplug it and use a fiber optic bypass so the audio would still work.

you can find these on ebay.

hope this helps./

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back. If you feel I have earned one, BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED, Thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician