Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2010 GLK 350. Installing salvage transmission, can…

I have a 2010 GLK...
I have a 2010 GLK 350. Installing salvage transmission, can I use the valve body from my old transmission
Thanks Mark
3/9/2018
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi Mark, that's the only way you can do the swap unless you order a new electronics plate for the valve body. The valve body and electronics plate, specifically the electronics plate, from the used transmission will not work in the car. The electronics plates are married to the vehicle. You will need to swap the old valve body or the electronics plate over to the used transmission.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Do I need to reprogram valve body

No, as long as you use the old one there will not be any programming needed. You will need to erase any fault codes stored in the old electronics plate, however.

Is there any other hurdles I should be aware of?

No, it's a pretty straightforward swap. Just be careful when removing the valve body that you don't break the electrical connector. I assume you know how to fill the transmission.

Thanks for your help

You're quite welcome.

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician