Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

After replacing the front shocks and compressor on my car. I…

Customer Question
Hi after replacing the front...
Hi after replacing the front shocks and compressor on my car. I have a malfunction code showing on the dash and the following three error codes;
5171 - Check component stored Y36b1 (AIRmatic pressure sensor)
5508 - the pressure stored line system leaks
5172 - Check component stored Y36b1 (AIRmatic pressure sensor)
We check all the points for leaks using soapy water no bubbles were found.
Driving the car everything is normal ride height etc. But shortly after starting the malfunction comes on and then we loose ride hight control.
I think the only thing to check is the pressure sensor but I don’t know how to check it. Appreciate any advice you can afford me.
BTW none of these codes were present prior to changing the shocks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mercedes
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks
3/9/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Did you adapt the air suspension with the scan tool after changing the shocks? You have to go into the air suspension control module and go to the settings and set the air ride height or you will get all kinds of codes like this.If I've answered your question to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my name as that is the only way the site will compensate me for my time. If you have any further questions about this you will still be able to ask them even after hitting accept, please don't hesitate to contact me for further info.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please explain how to get into the suspension control module settings. And how the set the ride hight
Like I was saying did you look for a menu in your scan tool? Most scan tools that I have used actually have a menu and descriptions of how to do it, if yours doesn't I'll have to find the repair manual and pull up the info. Could you possibly take a screenshot of what options you have in the air suspension control module?
Danny
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician