Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a swishing sound of water under the floor of my

Customer Question

I have a swishing sound of water under the floor of my mercedes and It's got a wire that has caused corrosion with a wire that's under the passage seat..the radio stopped working and I have flashing lights in the dash board also the passenger seat seat beat keeps ringing if I don't have the belt plugged in
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: There lights are on all the time so there's something shorting out somewhere
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: It's a 2006 ml 350 it has 160 kms on it
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've taken it to one mechanic he said there's corrosion on the wire under the passenger seat..but we're not sure where the water is coming from under the floor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had the sunroof replaced lad T year and the battery but I was thinking water might be coming from there..have had problems with the locks at times
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just paid 42 dollars for some answers about how or what to do with my car you said it would take 8 minutes I still haven't heard anything from you it's been an hour could you please respond to my request
Expert:  Marty replied 8 months ago.

Hi, sorry for the wait. My name is***** battery compartment underneath the passenger seat should be inspected for water intrusion. When water leaks into the front of the car it winds up filling the battery compartment and shorting out modules in the compartment. Any modules that have water intrusion will most likely need to be replaced. Water can enter through the sunroof drain hoses or the front cowl area. The roof drains and the cowl should be checked for proper drainage. Water can also intrude into the cargo area and wet the rear signal acquisition module. The rear module is located underneath the rear fuse box. It should also be inspected for water intrusion.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 8 months ago.

Hi, just checking in. Do you need any more help with this problem?