Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Battery dead and the key does not open the trunk. If I can…

battery dead and the...

battery dead and the key does not open the trunk. If I can get power to the system I can use the electric trunk opener to open the trunk and charge or replace the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

There is no voltage in the system. Battery has not been replaced since I bought the car in2007

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2002 clk320 cabriolet

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CLK320 Cabriolet yourself? What have you tried so far?

Would like to try to get it started myself as it is in my garage

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just wondering if there are connection points for jumping under the hood

3/8/2018
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** can connect jumper cables to the positive terminal block under the hood and connect your negative jumper cable to the chassis in order to power the vehicle so you can use the remote. The terminal block is located right in front of the fuse box under the hood. Open the lid on the block and connect your positive jumper to any of the terminals in the block.

Thanks I have seen this block but it is a black post. SO I will connect the red wire to this and the black to chassis for this.
Thank you

Correct

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician