Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2000s 430 is sitting to high. something caused the pump…

Customer Question
Second opinion] my 2000s...

Second opinion] my 2000s 430 is sitting to high. something caused the pump not to let the car down

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids recently?

For the hydraulic? where would the fluid compartment be

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 430?

2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried disconnecting the battery and thats it. I do have some new fuses and a relay but where is the relay

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/8/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
It's not the pump that actually lets the vehicle down, there's a block of air solenoids, one for each wheel. About the only thing you can do is crawl underneath the vehicle and find the level sensors for the wheels which will be attached to the body with a lever or rod going to the control arm. You can try detaching the lever from the control arm and moving the lever for the level sensor manually to get the valve block to release air from that air strut.It's unlikely you're going to permanently be able to get the vehicle to take that setting, you're going to need to use a scan tool to adapt the air suspension and test all the solenoids and when I mean scan tool I mean a professional quality scan tool that can attach to all the control modules not just a generic OBD II scan tool.If I've answered your question to your satisfaction please don't forget to hit accept next to my name as it's the only way the site will compensate me for my time. You'll still be able to ask follow-up questions about this topic after hitting accept.