Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Code 9223. 2006 slk 320. I have taken off the door panel so…

Yes Mechanic's Assistant: What...

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2006 slk 320

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have taken off the door panel so far. Looking for the SRS wires

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope thanks

3/7/2018
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** you post the vin number for me?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
one second
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WDBWK54F36F117172

Ok, how can I help you with this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where are the SRS wires in the door panel?

There is nothing in the door. The 9223 fault code is for the driver side air bag in the seat, not in the front door.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How is that fixed?
It say the code is 9223 - The resistance in the ignition circuit containing component 'R12/9 (driver side airbag ignition squib)' is too high.

You need to inspect the wiring to the squib. Look for the yellow connector under the seat. You will need to remove the seat back panel to access the connector on the squib. Usually the problem is poor connections. I've attached a picture below.

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok. I will try that again. thanks. have a good day.

You're quite welcome.

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician