Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Thanks for taking my question. I was surprised to see this…

Good morning. Thanks for...

Good morning. Thanks for taking my question.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

I was surprised to see this happen yesterday. My automatic hatch on the GLK(###) ###-#### does not open more than 2 ft now. ???

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing so far . I would like to asses the situation and go from there and if possible fix myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time thank you.

3/7/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, there is a technical service bulletin out for this that calls for replacing the left rear hinge and the SAM control module and programming it.

I need the last 7 of the vin number to see if it applies to yours

Good afternoon and thankyou for your reply.
The last 7 digits or letters are as follows : G328321

HI,

Ok, yours is not in the vin range, but I would suggest to take a look at the left hinge with it partially opened to see if it is bent. If it is, it will need to be replaced, the liftgate adjusted and sam module replaced as it is not far out of the vin range of affected vehicles

If ok, then either the liftgate control module or hydraulic lift control module is faulty. These can only be tested with a MB STAR scan tool and which ever one is faulty will need to be replaced and new one programmed with same scan tool

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager