Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Can you please help with these codes: P200f fault stored in…

Can you please help with...
Can you please help with these codes:
P200f fault stored in n 25/3 etc module p201f b40oil sensor ( oil level quality, or type implantable p2038 charge pressure liw a/c compressor p2502 gear implausible p2500 transmission has impetmissible transmission rectiola 220a y3/6nz-y3/6n3 speed compar implausible C1210 terminal 30 under voltage c1212 over voltage at terminal 30 c1129 steering angle sensor- n49 zero point cariation c1174 steering angle sensor n-49 steering angle sensor not intialized
3/7/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, give me 15 minutes or so to go over these codes

Great thank you- the mechanic said he never seen some of the codes before and couldnt fix

HI,

P200f and P201f are for traction control system and possible from the yaw rate and steering angle sensor codes

P2502 gear is implausible or the transmission is slipping.

Possible cause:

- Mechanical or hydraulic defect in the transmission

P2500 implausible gear ratio. This will set due to the P2502

C1210 and C1212 are for faulty yaw rate sensor

C1129 and C1174 are for faulty steering angle sensor

P2038 is for the recirculating air flap motor behind the dash.

Your biggest concerns are the P2500 and P2502. These indicate internal failure in the transmission and will require rebuild or replacement.

To replace it, it is around $800 labor(8 hours labor time) and a reman transmission goes for around $5000. Total around $5800.

To rebuild, you are looking at around $2500 in labor(25 hours labor time) and around $2500 in parts. Total around $5000

For the recirculation flap motor, about $220 in labor and $300 in parts, total about $550

For the yaw rate, about $100 in labor and $150 in parts, about $250 total

For the steering angle sensor, about $200 in labor and $400 in parts, about $600 total

So total you will be looking at around $6500 $7000 to repair

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Is the transmission failure a computer or mechanical issue? The guy i purchased from said needed to replace transmission control module ($100 on ebay) would that fix issue?

HI,

That would be a waste of $100.

I have attached the possible causes straight from the service manual. The only 2 causes or mechanical or hydraulic failure of the transmission. Both require rebuild or replacement

See attached

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
I have heard of transmission fix oil does that work
Or what about resetting

HI,

You can try adding either Lucas or Lubegard additive, but it is highly doubtful it will work, at least for more than a few days.

Erasing the codes to reset doesnt affect codes set be mechanical or hydraulic failures. They will return within 50 miles if not immediately upon cranking and putting into reverse or drive

Ok thank you

you are welcome