Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Let's try an easy one today. I'd like the procedure for

Hi, let's try an easy...
Hi, let's try an easy one today. I'd like the procedure for removing the interior door panel trim plastic piece. I think the part number is ***** Picture is attached. I'm hoping I don't have to remove the entire door panel.Thanks.
3/6/2018
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, the door panel must be removed. Click on the attachments.

Thanks.... so after I remove the two switch groups, then what? Does the trim piece fall off the door? After reading, I'm still not clear on how the trim piece itself is fastened. It appears as if the switches are held in place by the trim, not the other way around. What holds the trim to the lining? Are there screws or something?
I believe the trim is secured by a few small torx screws.
I found this picture in an ebay auction for a door panel. That looks like the back of where the seat switch is located. The surrounding structure looks like it could be the trim piece. If so, it just might be secured by clips too. I think what you're telling me is that there's only one way to find out. Let me ask you one final question. Are you 100% sure that the trim piece can be removed and replaced? They sell it separately, so I would think so, but I'd rather know for sure.

I saw that it was offered in the EPC so it must be replaceable. That's also where I saw the torx screws.

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Great, thanks.

You're quite welcome.