Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Roaring sound is it the tires but they are only a year old.

Customer Question
Roaring sound is it...

Roaring sound is it the tires but they are only a year old

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

About a years and a half and no

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

S550 2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have a mechanic he thinks it's the tires he thinks I need quite tires

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It only razors after you exceed 30 mph

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
3/6/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Does the noise come and go if you swerve to the left and right as you go down the road after you start getting that noise, it's more likely that it would be wheel bearings than tires, but what brand of tires were they?The way I diagnose wheel bearings is to put the vehicle up in the air so the wheels are on the ground and then drive it in the air then you use a mechanic stethoscope or a screwdriver up against the back of the knuckle and put your ear to it and you will hear whether the bearing is making noise.You can also take an audio or video recording inside of your vehicle with your phone and upload it to the site if possible or have not upload to YouTube and Link me to it so I can hear it
much further than that.If I've answered your question to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept as that's the only way I am compensated for my time on this site. If you have any further questions or comments don't hesitate to contact me. You will be able to respond to this question even after hitting accept.
Tires are Pirelli with an F and it starts with out swerving
Know what I'm asking you is if you swerve hard left and right and you stay on one side for a couple seconds at a time just the noise come and go that's how wheel bearings can be diagnosed.