Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I did a diagnostic test on a 2011 S5504 Mattick sedan it…

I did a diagnostic...

I did a diagnostic test on a 2011 S5504 Mattick sedan it says the resistance value in the ignition circuit contains component R46 ( Driver buckle ETR squib) is to high . My wife rolled into a car at 2 miles an hour the airbag went off so I put a new airbag in and I cleared the airbag modular and this is what the code says now I would sure appreciate the help Mercedes Reno is not helpful thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the battery fully charged?

My wife rolled into a car at 2 miles an hour the airbag went off so I put a new airbag in and I cleared the airbag modular and this is what the code says now I would sure appreciate the help Mercedes Reno is not helpful thank you Yes it’s brand new and it never was low

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I’m fixing it myself I was the one that put the new airbag in and cleared the modular but the whole car back together I tried the simple things on the seat belt latch putting the grease messing with the latch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes I’m fixing it myself I was the one that put the new airbag in and cleared the modular but the whole car back together I tried the simple things on the seat belt latch putting the grease messing with the latchNo that’s it thank you

3/6/2018
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** will need to replace the driver's side seat belt buckle to repair this fault code. I've attached a picture below.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I have some other questions I will I will email you back I’m in a meeting but thank you so much thank you for getting on it so fast

You're quite welcome.

Even better when I’m done I’ll call you

Let me know if you need anything else.

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi Marty well I got back the seatbelt in Ohm out at 2.78 So it’s working correctly but I can’t get the code to a race it just keeps saying unsuccessful should I call you what’s the best way to do this everything seems to be working correctly but it won’t let the SRS airbag light go off

Hi, what type of scan tool are you using to read and erase the fault code? What is the actual code number?

9240. Is the code Mb11 icarsoft
When can you talk I really want to get this car done it’s been me I’ve been really busy but can you please call me
When are you available
Read the above and just to let you know I’m still getting a code 9240 and it will not come off still have the light and the dash on like I said I’ve replaced seatbelt buckle airbag in March o read the above and just to let you know I’m still getting a code 9240 and it will not come off still have the light and the dash on like I said I’ve replaced seatbelt buckle airbag and modular

I think at this point you need to check the wire harness from the seat belt buckle to the SRS module. Ideally, you should disconnect the harness at both ends and ohm out the wiring. Check for open circuits and shorts to ground and shorts to the other wire.

It might also be worth getting the car connected to a factory scan tool to try and erase the code.

Can you please tell me I know I’ve sent it to you twice what does 9240 mean It’s on the left-hand corner of my diagnostics machine and I can’t find it anywhere in the book

I will look it up in my database in the morning and reply back to you.

Thanks

The 9240 code in the Airbag module indicates that the resistance value in the ignition circuit containing component R46 ( Driver buckle ETR squib) is too high. The resistance spec is 1.8 - 2.5 ohms. The 2.78 ohm resistance value that you posted is technically out of spec. If you substitute a 2 - 2.5 ohm resistor in place of the buckle and the code clears you still need to replace the buckle. If the code does not clear then you need to check the resistance at the connector to the Airbag module to see if it the same reading.