Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just feels like Im towing something. Its a 2011 Mercedes…

Just feels like Im...

Just feels like Im towing something. Its a 2011 Mercedes c300. I pluged in my OBD reader and got

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

-changed the pulleys

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It gave me code 6000 low voltage to control unit N30/4 electonic stabilizer control unit voltage too low

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

And 7208 check control module engine codes

Answered in 1 day by:
3/7/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

can you tell me what kind of scan tool you were using?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Zurich zr11 obd2 code reader

ok, you are gonna need a better scan tool that can read Mercedes specifically,

that is the only way you are gonna get correct codes and be able to read the live data needed to tell what the issue is

Lou

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It reads live data

yeah im gonna bet that your scanner only reads engine, traction and maybe srs (airbag)??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It reads like 100 live functions and graphs them
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got those codes from AND data
Customer reply replied 1 month ago

a low voltage code doesnt mean anything, we can read codes on 40 cars and half or more will have low voltage . it wont affect running.

lol, ok. so,here I am , a 15 year mercedes tech, and you are not gonna trust my word.

with your harbor freight scanner.

i am not being rude, i am trying to help you get you what you need.

your scanner will not help us or you or the issue, , it is not good enough.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Look what are u saying is u can't help. I got it. Thanx anyway
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It' does everiy

omg, ok,

take care,.

i will opt out.

you will see.

smh.

best of luck.

someone else will be along to help.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thing a snap on scanner for 400 does

you can get a very decent scanner from amazon, .

its called

icarsoft mercedes

its about 150

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok will do thanx

a snap on is not as good either.

these european cars need certain scanners or else the data and codes do not come across correctly if at all.

your car has 25-30 modules in it.

the scanner you currently have can only read engine and abs.

you need to read the trans module.

that will have the codes for the limp home mode that you are probably in.

and most likely its a speed sensor on the valve body.

and if that is the case it can only be replaced at a dealer for 2 reasons.

1. its part of the antitheft so they wont sell it over the counter
  2. it needs coded and programmed with the factory scan tool,

let me know your thoughts.

promise you wont find a better mercedes tech than i

it seems we got off to a rough start.

trust me my intentions are to help you.

no matter what it takes.

i have been on the site for 10 years and a benz tech for almost 20 now.

I have the info and knowledge, we just need the correct equipment.

Lou

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok Lou I'll let u know
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What about a burning rubber smell from air vents

hmm, that is not common, maybe a bad blower or resistor take off the outside air duct above the battery and see if you can see anything inside.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's kinda dark out but will do early tomorrow. Will let u know.
Thanx

or actually you might have oil burning off the exhaust from the rear of the heads, on the passenger side there is a oil separator and on the drivers there are plugs and yours might also have a vacuum pump seal , they all leak oil onto the exhaust manifolds.

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician