Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2007 amg mercdes6.3 airmatic the esp says it’s not…

I have 2007 amg...

I have 2007 amg mercdes6.3 airmatic the esp says it’s not operative with an exclamation point showing by mph help

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Mercedes?

2007 amg 6.3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It just came on today.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The suv takes a while to raise it will go to malfunction and we have to restart the car until it’s rises right

2/26/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

is this an ML or GL?

also are there ANY other warning lights on the dash?

no worries this is a traction system problem and will not affect how the car drives as far as safety.

you will still have full braking and driving ability just without the added traction control.

we need to use a mercedes scan tool to read the codes and see what the codes say, then I can tell you what the best possible scenario is for repair.

the MOST COMMON is a failed wheel speed sensor.

Lou

Can I drive the car,how do take the sign off what do I need to do

you can drive the car yes,

to take the sign off you need to get the problem fixed.

to know what the problem is you need to have the car scanned with a mercedes scan tool to read the fault codes.

here is a link to a video i made on how the scanner works and how it reads codes.

Lou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOrkG0FYVDo&t=17s

hope this helps.

Lou

You didn’t finish asking my question is my Benz drivable til I get the part fix would like to get my 31.00 worth of answers.

actually i told you 2 times lol, i dont think you are fully reading my responses.

YES you can drive the car.

Thank you

no problem, if you can get the codes I can tell you the issue for 100%, until then a warning light does mean anything more than there is an issue, BUT with the esp the car is still safe to drive.

Lou

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back. If you feel I have earned one, BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED, Thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Alright

Thanks and have a good week, I look forward to hearing from you about the codes and if you got it resolved.

Lou

Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician