Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The battery died in my 2014 MB CLA 250, now the radio won't…

Customer Question
The battery died in...

The battery died in my 2014 MB CLA 250, now the radio won't power on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 Mercedes?

CLA 250

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took it to the MB dealer where it was purchased. They said it needs replacing, $4000 total.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it, looking to see if anything less expensive that I could try. Also, it seems unusual for a radio to stop the same time the battery did.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
2/7/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 5 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

did you replace the battery yourself? please explain.

I do need a vin # to get the factory info to assist.

Thanks