Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1980 450 sl and icannot find the Idle speed control…

I have a 1980...

I have a 1980 450 sl and icannot find the Idle speed control modual. I have removed the glove box, lower dash panel and the kick plate cover. I have look in all of the locations that are found in the repair manual and all suggested place found online. i'm not blind wher is it?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

106K 450

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SL yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES AND I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I KNOW A BIT ABOUT CARS AND HAVE EXHAUSTED ALL POSSBLE PLACE IT SHOULD BE LOCATED

1/24/2018
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician
Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.
* WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
* FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
* PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
* UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
* RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.I do need a vin # to get the factory info to assist.
Thanks
WDB10704412063735

give some time on this . The older documents is harder to decipher!!

thanks

ok

did you check on the firewall near the brake pedal?

i have the instrument cluster out and will take another look. give me a few minutes

more from underneath you will see it!!!

i cannot see anything that looks like the module. i will need to remove the lower dash panel o n the drivers side to get a better look. it's the only place i have not looked Can not revove it until tomorrow after work.

keep me in the loop!!

I will back to you tomorrow

sure !!thanks

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician