Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 1980 450 sl and icannot find the Idle speed control…

I have a 1980...

I have a 1980 450 sl and icannot find the Idle speed control modual. I have removed the glove box, lower dash panel and the kick plate cover. I have look in all of the locations that are found in the repair manual and all suggested place found online. i'm not blind wher is it?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

106K 450

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SL yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES AND I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I KNOW A BIT ABOUT CARS AND HAVE EXHAUSTED ALL POSSBLE PLACE IT SHOULD BE LOCATED

1/24/2018
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician
Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.
* WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
* FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
* PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
* UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
* RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.I do need a vin # to get the factory info to assist.
Thanks
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
WDB10704412063735

give some time on this . The older documents is harder to decipher!!

thanks

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
ok

did you check on the firewall near the brake pedal?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
i have the instrument cluster out and will take another look. give me a few minutes

more from underneath you will see it!!!

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
i cannot see anything that looks like the module. i will need to remove the lower dash panel o n the drivers side to get a better look. it's the only place i have not looked Can not revove it until tomorrow after work.

keep me in the loop!!

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I will back to you tomorrow

sure !!thanks

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician
Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician