Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 1998 Mercedes SL convertible heating system only works…

My 1998 Mercedes SL convertible...
My 1998 Mercedes SL convertible heating system only works when the temperature is set to "HI". It does not provide heat when the setting is on a specific temperature, e.g. 31, 29, 28,.... The fan works just fine. The cooling works, though I don't know if it is working based on temperature or not, since, when it's hot out, I just want cold inside.
1/23/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

are you using the auto mode?

No

ok this tells me that you might have a clog or failed mono valve which is the valve that stops or allows coolant flow,

that is the first place I would have checked, next i would check vacuum to the solenoid block under the passenger side of the dash.

you might have poor vacuum or a failed pod or pods.

but that is what needs done.

hope this helps.

if you need more info please let me know.

Lou

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back. If you feel I have earned one, BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED, Thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

O.K., I'll give it a try.

ok Sandy, let me know if you need anything else.

there is not much to these systems.

Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician