Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Code 1269 diagn Kla A, airconditioning works but stops

Code 1269 diagn Kla...

Code 1269 diagn Kla A , airconditioning works but stops sometimes, switch off compressor and works again

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Yes reset and comes back

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

W220 S(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Thinking of buying new aircon compressor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really,

1/21/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
In this model the most common problem with ac is the evaporator tenperature sensor located up under the left side of the dash pressed into the side of the heater case. Its a small 2 wire sensor that just clips in. We have had tons of issues with these sensors reading the wrong temp so it cuts out compressor activation. That is the most common problem. Unless you have physical noise from the compressor i wouldnt change the compressor first. Hope this information helps , if there is more to the story as to how and when the ac cuts out i can bettet advise. I will be online most of the day so I will always reply even if not right away. Hope this information helps , Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified
The compressor is not making any noise so this sounds like a very good answer and I will have it replaced tomorrow and let you know . Thanks for your professional fast reply
No problem, usually a code is set but it all depends on how long this problem has been happening. Also keep in mind that if you set the car on a temperature and auto mode the car will blow whatever it needs to , to get to that temperature. So if you set it to 60 once it hits 60 it may blow warm or cold to maintain it. Best practice is to always set it to low or high if you want full heat or full ac, Hope this information helps , have a good sunday! Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified
I am in Thailand so it’s always hot and airconditioning is never switched off due to heat and humidity...if aircon stops then you soaking wet in minutes ��
Ok then yes i would start with the evap temp sensor and that should work. :)
Hope this information helps . Lou
Lou , could you please provide me with a part number , right hand drive as they keep trying to sell me a completely new airconditioning, they just play deaf on what I am saying

A2208300772

sorry for the delay.

same for left or right hand

Lou

Thank you

no problem,

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified

as soon as I see problem solved , I also still have the other issue with the CPU , I hope I have answers today , I am depending now on the mechanics doing what I asked . We also have a 12 hour difference and language is Thai , so very difficult to communicate, hence I asked for the part number

well with all due respect, we are not a diagnostic source. if that were the case we would be charging 100$ an hour lol,

I have done my work to help you,

I am not paid until I am rated.

I will still be here help, rating does not close the chat.

it only credits me for helping.

Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
The technician has finally ordered the part ...
thanks for now .
Now just the other CPU problem

ok, hope that is the issue, if not let me know

what is the other issue you have?

The other issue is a CPU issue but you replying to that already in another post

oh ok lol, usually the history shows me all the questions, i see it now.

sorry,

Lou

now after all this time they decided it was the smog sensor?

hope it stays working for you!

how is everything else so far?

They are asking nearly 1000 Usd for the sensor as need to be ordered from Germany. But all works perfectly without it . Looking on EBay now to find one . Car to Bangkok today to program the dashboard, as yesterday the Alternator failed , not my lucky time
Oh man cant catch a break!
They managed to program the second hand dashboard including km , I actually lost 30 000 km and everything working perfectly, al error codes gone . Re aircon , we replaced the interior sensor as you suggested , then the smog sensor looked faulty, replaced that , 2 Nd hand , 30 Usd , still not correct , now it seem to be the main unit in the car as 3 fuses blow every time , we have power to the main unit .
New alternator was 300 Usd .. dashboard same , can’t complain about that
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician