Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I got a check DEF see operator’s manual and a yellow check…

I got a check...

I got a check DEF see operator’s manual and a yellow check Engine light. I added 1 gal. Of DEF. but warning lights stay on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Every time I restart the engine the light stays on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2015 3500 sprinterRV by Leisure Travel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No l’m on a road trip about 1000 miles from home. I had it serviced just before I left at a sprinter dealer at home in Portland OR.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How far can I travel to get it looked at. So far l have not gotten a warning tone.

1/21/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
When you fill the def the warning will go off after driving a few miles and the sensers register the level in the tank. However if you were only able to add 1 gallon that tells me that the sending unit assembly is faulty and you should limit starting the vehicle until you can start it and drive it to a dealer or european shop to read the fault codes from the adblue control unit. If the fault remains for an extended period of time the 20 starts remaining icon will
Come on and countdown each time you restart and will lock the car out of starting when it reaches zero. So get this looked at as soon as possible. Hope this information helps , Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified
I’m on a road trip far from home.So far I have not received an audible warning or 10 restart message. Is it possible the restart countdown will happen before I have messages? Can I drive 250 miles to get to service? I am in Yuma AZ and can’t find sprinter service only diesel rv service. I’m on my way to Tucson where there’s a sprinter dealer and 2 sprinter repair shops.
The countdown will ALWAYS display in the dash when you turn the key on. We dont have info that states how long the car waits until starting the countdown. It may depend on the fault. You can also try cycling the ignition key 8 times or turning the key on and waiting about 2 minutes before starting to see if the level sensors reset. That is about all you can do without a mercedes scanner . Lou
Thanks. So since I haven’t received a countdown do you think I can drive to Tucson to get to a sprinter dealer? When I get the countdown I will keep track of them.
Absolutely, the car will not shut down without warning. You will be fine :)
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician