Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 2018 Mercedes 300c, today when I turned my car on…

Customer Question
I have a 2018...

I have a 2018 Mercedes 300c, today when I turned my car on the navigation and radio will not turn on?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

I have not. I will check it out, thank you.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not tried anything. Literally happened an hour ago on my drive home. The camera comes on when I put it in reverse, otherwise nothing on the navigation display (Radio, GPS, Media) will function.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that is it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mercedes
1/21/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 1 month ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
Hello sorry this is happening, can you give me your vin number please so i can access the correct wiring diagrams for the vehicle to advise on what may be happening? Thanks, Lou
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
VIN: WDDWJ4KB1HF447934

ok so sorry for the delay,

it looks like there is a bulletin for this that states that the radio is still in transport mode.

you will have to bring it to the dealership so they can use the scanner to release transport mode.

hope this helps,

Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician