Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Will not start, srs malfunction, abs ions, cruse control…

Will not start, srs...

Will not start, srs malfunction, abs ions, cruse control ions, esc inop. turn key nothing happens, all lights and windows work

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Will not shift out of park

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2011 c300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to fix it myself, already changed the brake light switch as some forums indicated. maybe battery? reading 12.10 volts

1/21/2018
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

With the key on can you get the trans in neutral?

also i need the vin # to get the factory information

please do let me know

no, it stays locked in the park position, i had to lift the shifter boot and find the emergency release lever to move it today. but in the on position the center read out says SRS malfunction. the vin# ***** *****

sorry for my delay putting the kids to sleep.

steering wheel locked also ?

no thats cool i was doing the same. no the wheel is not locked

ok in the pic attached there is a connector near the ecu (air cleaner removed) . disconnect the connector and the engine side of the connector there is a purple/white wire pretty thick. that is the starter solenoid wire. take a jumper wire from the battery positive to the purple/white wire of the engine side of the connector and apply the jumper wire to the terminal does the engine crank?

Ok I’ll give this a try in the morning.
I took my battery to a local auto store and they claimed it was slightly low so they have it over night and are charging it.

ok keep me in the loop

Ok, there is some new development, I went to get the battery this morning. They charged it and it tested good and is fully charged. I returned home and installed it. I went to start it and nothing. but I turned the key to off and then tried again and it started. then I cycled it on and off twice to see if it would start again and it did. I was getting typical lights on the dash as before. traction control light is on and check engine light etc. but I failed to mention before which might have helped that when i plugged my OBD reader into the car it came back with (no link). but i decided to try it again and now i am reading a number of codes./Users/jason/Desktop/Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 11.13.41 AM.png
/Users/jason/Desktop/Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 11.12.24 AM.png
/Users/jason/Desktop/Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 11.10.22 AM.png
/Users/jason/Desktop/Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 11.08.57 AM.png
/Users/jason/Desktop/Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 11.11.13 AM.png

hello can you resend the snap shots because they did not come through . please use paperclip icon to attach files

I don't know if you can get the attachments, and i was able to put the car in drive and reverse to move it in my garage.U0155 - (IPC) Lost communication with instrument clusterP2065 - P2065 Component N15/3 (ETC control module) memory is fault.(P0702) fault stored in component N15/3 (EGS controller)U0146 - lost communication with gateway AU0121 - Lost communication with ABS systemP2065 - vehicle speed sensor B

here is the issue you need to scan other modules and the code reader you have will not work .

too many variables on this but educated guess error with trans where it does not recognize that it is in park.

ok so i need to get a better reader. so the trans can cause all these other issues with the other systems?

yes correct . ICARSOFT is a great tool for owners to scan all modules and gives the MB code specific codes.

is there a better reader you could recommend that isnt too expensive that will do the job for this car?
ok thank you very much

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks and my pleasure!

Wolfgang

ICARSOFT

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician