Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

What kind of oil is used in the gearbox of an electric smart…

What kind of oil...

What kind of oil is used in the gearbox of an electric smart car?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

N/A...what is the oil type please

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your smart?

2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Electric drive

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing, I just need to know the gearbox oil type for an electric 2014

1/20/2018
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

it looks like it uses the same 75W90 castrol oil thats recommended for the regular manual gearbox

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Castrol-Syntrans-Multi-Vehicle-75W90/dp/B0068O6I4E

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Matt, Engineer