Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2012 C230 has a code of SRS Malfunction and won't start.

Customer Question
My 2012 C230 has...

My 2012 C230 has a code of SRS Malfunction and won't start. And the Park lights don't go off after I parked it

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Not the headlights but the running lights or parking lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C230 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. I just bought it a few days ago and love it until now. But it just won't turn over and start.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

This is likely an issue with the spiral cable in the steering column. You would need the airbag code to confirm this, but usually, when you have this type of electrical issue when the airbag light is on, it's the cause of the problem. You might try turning the steering wheel a bit as you try to start the car. It might make the connection and at least get you running. Otherwise, it will have to be towed to get the code for the airbag and take it from there.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me.
Thank you so much!

Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 4 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
If the car will not start and you have lights that will not shut off it is most likely a failed front sam, the left front fuse box is the sam module its also possible that the sam got water in it if the lid was not secured. You need to get the car diagnosed with a scan tool to see what kind of communication error codes are stored or current. With a communication error there is nothing that can be checked or tried without a scan tool. Not any scan tool will do, you need a mercedes capable scan tool that can read all 20-30 modules the car has. Your best bet is the dealer if you are not attempting to fix yourself. If you will attempt yourself then you will need a scan tool. Check ebay and amazon for icarsoft mercedes. I help a lot of people with these scan tools. Very well made. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician